Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Veterans Pow Wow in Euharlee, GA

6th Euharlee Veterans Pow Wow

This was a Wonderful Experience in All Directions.  The Park facilities were very nice with woods trail and bridges around a small creek and a Rustic Barn  Structure which served to conceal the Restrooms (No Showers).  There was a small amphitheater/pavilion that was perfect for the Drums that came.  A great Variety of Hand Picked Vendors surrounded the Beautifully set Dance Circle made of dead fall Cedarwood logs set on rebar at just the perfect height for Children and Photographers alike!

Euharlee087

The Dancers came out to Honor ALL Veterans in one of the the Grandest Entries I have seen!    The Locals came out both days and were very Happy that the pow wow had returned.  Apparently there were a couple years that they could not have the pow wow. 

1003101148

My Travelling Stone actually had an amazing journey this weekend.  It wasn't until we were packing up Sunday evening that I noticed it was gone!  I was bummed, but after all it was a travelling stone and eventually it would be rolling on to its next keeper.  And for some reason I kept looking under the tables as I was packing out - and I stood out front of the shop scanning the grounds as all the other vendors packed.  I just felt that it was on the Ground somewhere.  All in all, it was well after dark before the entire caravan we travelled with was ready to go.  I gave Janell a Big hug, she looked Wiped Out, but the Successful event her and Joey had helped put together was finally coming to a close.  I mentioned that my Round Rock had taken a walk from shop and she said, "wait a minute".  Turns out one of the kids had picked it up (Found it in the circle!) and was playing with it.   I identified it by the blue boat paint on it and Thanked the boy that had found it.  OK, so I guess it wasn't time for it to move on yet

 

It was a good time with good people and if you are ever in the area come and see this Beautiful Park.  I am off to restock the shop before our next endeavor.

Much Love and many prayers

wrulf

sponge

No comments:

Post a Comment