Monday, October 25, 2010

Black Walnut Harvest

Most of my FB friends know that I have been working of the Black Walnut Trees here.  It has been a real Learning experience, and the Funny thing is - I DO NOT like Walnuts At ALL LOL!!! 

There is MUCH more to these trees than just the Nut Fruit, however!  The Leaves, Bark and Green Hull around the Nut have been used for medicine for years.  Below are some facts copied from websites that you might find interesting.   As I say, it has been very enlightening to work with this Medicine. 

 Black Walnut oxygenates the blood to kill parasites. The brown stain found in the green husk contains organic iodine which has antiseptic and healing properties. It is also used to balance sugar levels and burn up excessive toxins and fatty... materials.

Pet owners love to use Black Walnut as a natural worming option and it is also used in heartworm programs for a safer approach to killing them than the drugs.

Black Walnut (Juglans nigra) is a rich source of the trace mineral chromium and is also high in iodine. The unripe hulls of the black walnut are high in vitamin C.

There is my work area for removing the hulls and soaking the Kernels.  I wore gloves, but my hands are Black.  Anyway, I will have Walnuts and Dried Hull Powder available.  I am trying to process as much as I can to take advantage of what has been provided by Mother Earth.   There was also a Branch that had to be removed from one of the trees, so I will get some bark too.  

One of the Many Projects in the Works here at Six Directions Traders!  Praise Creator Daily ~ Live by His Love ~ Pray for those in Need!

 

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing the things you find out for us. When you're done harvesting, please let me know so that I can give you an order.

    Miss you and Ken.

    ReplyDelete