Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Spirit of the Veteran and Warrior Pow Wow

Greetings,

We just got back from this Wonderful Pow wow in Dayton, TN.  Such Great Spirit and support from the Locals.  This is only the second year for this pow wow and it is put on by Jimmy Wisowl and New World Promotions.  It is in a small park on the water,  there is limited electricity, and primitive camping was available.  If you get a chance next year you should come see this growing event.  The Ole man worked as Keeper of the Circle (Uncle Jimmy doesn't like the term AD) and I worked my little butt of in the shop, so I didn't get ANY pictures or video   Sorry - But it was very good for us, and we very much needed it. 

 

I was very honored to sell my first Two  beaded key-chains this weekend.  I was even more honored that they were bought, one by a full blood Eastern Band Cherokee and the other by a full blood Lakota from Pine Ridge.  I have developed a short version which will sell for $25 and a full version of the patterns which will sell for $30.  The Veteran ribbon ones will sell for $20, because the patterns are a bit easier and go a little quicker.  I am really happy with the beading software I have that helped me develop the patterns for these, it is called Bead Tool if anyone is interested and they have a version 4 now which I am hoping to make a few more sales to be able to purchase it. 

Anyways, we are getting ready to get rolling on some pow wows here in Georgia, so I may not be online to FB and play games as much.  I am spending more time on my Artfire shop, as it is doing well for me too, so I need to list more items and restock on some beadwork that has sold.  And anyone that has done beadwork knows, it takes some time! 

I hope everyone is doing well and in good health.  I close with a passage that was showed me this morning in my readings - Love and prayers to all of you - stay safe ~wrulf

Hear the word of the Lord, ye that tremble at his word; Your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for my name's sake, said, Let the Lord be glorified: but he shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed.  Isaiah 66:5

2 comments:

  1. Osiyo Wrulf, glad to hear that things went well for you both. Hope to get to at least one gathering in GA. Hopefully we'll see each other in GA or FL.

    Miss you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh by the way, I need to get one of those keychains for my dad who was in WW2 and was Taino. Could you let me know how much it would cost so I can get the money to you.

    ReplyDelete