Friday, September 17, 2010

Peace Pledge

I am re-posting this as it was originally in another blog from the pow wow I got it at.  I feel this should be passed along to all the children and groups that teach and deal with children.  Matter of fact, there are some Adults who need to read, learn and live by this pledge too. ~Peace

Peace Pledge


  • To be a peaceful person by not fighting or encouraging others to fight, I pledge.

  • To honor every person's right to be safe, I pledge.

  • To avoid giving mean looks or calling names or hurting feelings with mean tricks, mocking or laughing at others, I pledge.

  • To not spread rumors, threaten or harass others by word or action, I pledge.

  • To honor every creature or person's right to be safe, I pledge.

  • To include all who want to join me or my group in a peaceful way, I pledge.

  • To respect the property of others, I pledge.

  • To be helpful when another has his feelings or reputation hurt and to be a good bystander when others are being bullied or teased, I pledge.

  • To speak up to those who act mean toward others, I pledge.

  • To do the right thing, get adult help, should such mean behavior continue, I pledge.

By my actions I will show tolerance for others who might appear different from me and by my actions I choose to make my world a kinder and happier place for all, this I pledge.

Adopted from the work of Clementine Barfield, Save Our Sons and Daughters

No comments:

Post a Comment