Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Red Eagle Lodge Pow wow 2010

What a Great Pow wow, set in a Beautiful park in Floral City, Florida!  We had such an awesome time, met new friends, renewed old friendships.  Such Positive Energy these people project with their group.  Everyone is very friendly, as if you are part of the family. 

Ken worked all weekend, and I worked hard in the shop as well.  I got a lot created and had a Busy shop most of the weekend.  I even had a woman make a special order and I created Hair Feathers Just for her!  She then went around the pow wow bragging about where she got her hair feathers

 

There is an interesting video of Little Wolf burying her Buffalo Hoof, sorry but that is all the video I got.  And the pictures from the one dance is all I got for pics.  If you Know JP, he has hundreds of pictures he took and they are posted on Facebook.  As I say it was a work weekend and So very Worth it!! 

Lots Of Positive Energy coming from the circle and dancers this weekend, the public was Awesome as always too!  At one point I was working on finishing a Loom piece sunday afternoon at Grand Entry.  I wasn't really paying attention to what was going on in the circle, but suddenly the Tears were pouring down my face.  We were so refreshed and re-energized by the people that came here, it has been some time since we had a pow wow quite like this.  If anyone gets a chance next year, you might not want to miss this one!

There were Florida Song Storytellers Lee and Betsy Paulet there, I love the Seminole story he tells about Okeechobee!! and more important, I got a copy of the Peace Pledge that Betsy and Little Squirrel did at the end.  I really think we need ALL our Children to live by this Pledge, Please Share it:

Peace Pledge


  • To be a peaceful person by not fighting or encouraging others to fight, I pledge.

  • To honor every person's right to be safe, I pledge.

  • To avoid giving mean looks or calling names or hurting feelings with mean tricks, mocking or laughing at others, I pledge.

  • To not spread rumors, threaten or harass others by word or action, I pledge.

  • To honor every creature or person's right to be safe, I pledge.

  • To include all who want to join me or my group in a peaceful way, I pledge.

  • To respect the property of others, I pledge.

  • To be helpful when another has his feelings or reputation hurt and to be a good bystander when others are being bullied or teased, I pledge.

  • To speak up to those who act mean toward others, I pledge.

  • To do the right thing, get adult help, should such mean behavior continue, I pledge.

By my actions I will show tolerance for others who might appear different from me and by my actions I choose to make my world a kinder and happier place for all, this I pledge.

Adopted from the work of Clementine Barfield, Save Our Sons and Daughters
--
Lee & Betsy Paulet - Florida Songstory
www.floridasongstory.com
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.
…Cree Indian proverb

Now we have 3 weeks to restock and ready for Mother's Day Weekend Pow Wow in Dade City.  Will be relaxing and Creating in the Woods until we see you then!

Much Love and many prayers to all

AND please know that I DO Forgive you


No comments:

Post a Comment