Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Not Just Behind the Outback, But Juss plain Behind!

Greetings, well I will check the GPS to be sure just where we are!  I am soo behind and I apologize.  Its been pretty crazy on the road since the whole flooding thing in Georgia.  I am finishing uploading the videos from Lawrenceville Georgia Pow wow now. 

We did a small Gathering in Samson, Alabama this last weekend that was very nice!  The grounds are Awesome and they keep improving them each year.  They have electric hook-ups for RV's and a beautiful pavilion, it is way out in the woods - BUT let's face it... What Good Pow wow isn't?? LOL  I didn't get any pictures at all, but I got some videos - which are posted on you tube already: http://www.youtube.com/Spiderwrulf

Dave & Karen Wrede were there with some of their residents, Thunder was posed on top of the Native American Congressional Medal of Honor Memorial that is also out there.  Very Awesome job they did with that as well!  I am working on getting some of the pictures they took there.  I was rather busy sitting with Grandma and catching up on life and listening to her views on spirituality.  I felt very blessed to have that time and did not let much interrupt us. 

I reflected back on the time I got to spend with my Nan after high school when I moved up with her.  I was the only one in the family that got that extra bonding time with her and I am feeling very blessed that I did, now that she has crossed.  I also believe that it may be the reason my older sister is so bitter at me.  She hides behind some sort of excuse over a few dollars, or something my mother did when my sister was 18, or the feeling that she was burdened having to take care of Father when he was deteriorating from Cancer - Whatever the reason, she has told me several years ago that she wants no connection with me, or anyone in the family apparently.  I pity her, but I will be here if/when she comes around. 

Unlike some relationships that may Never be repaired, I have a commitment to my blood family - EVEN though they have decided to sever all ties - I will be here... Still thinking of them, still praying for them, still loving them - as The Great Spirit teaches me to be.  I praise and thank him for the Strength he gives me and the Challenges he sends my way.  For I know I am a better human for it in the long run.... and that is the key - I am only Human and you know what... You are Too!!  Never forget how fragile life is.

blood

Sorry for the sidetrack, but I guess that's what bloggs are for, ramblings of feelings, directions, events, and jusss life in general.  Again I Thank you all whole-heartedly for following along with us.  We will be getting back into Floriduh soon to do a few pow wows there, take care of some unfinished business, and stay warm through the winter.    The next pow wows we will be setting up at are Cox-Osceola, AIA Orlando, Barberville, and Gainesville.  Please visit www.SixDirectionsTraders.com pow wow page for all the details. 

No comments:

Post a Comment