Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Year and on to New Things

Thank you everyone for all the cards and prayers sent over this holiday season.   I don't celebrate them much but it was nice to be thought of  whilst we make our way through the end of another year. 

I haven't blogged much, due to the fact that we are  not travelling this winter.  I try to post encouraging articles ever so often, to let you all know that I am thinking about each and Every one of you.  I have several New things in the works for this year.  First of which is my online shop, which I am happy to say is doing well. 

http://www.artfire.com/users/SixDirectionsTraders

 In fact, I was able to open an Etsy shop as well.  The Etsy shop will be mainly to sell beads, pendants, and components.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/SixDirectionsTraders

Recently I have been designing and beading brick stitch picture earrings.  I am trying to make a couple of the same pattern in different color schemes to fatten up the store inventory.  As I am listing them in the online shop, I name the different color schemes and designs, so I can keep track of them.  My good friend Tarponjuli was so honored that I named the Lizard pattern after her, that she purchased the first one!  Thanks so much Juli, it means a lot to me.  So, above is pictured the next pair I made of the Lizard Tarponjuli earrings, and after putting the loop for the ear hook I realized it was upside down.  So I cut the thread tied it off and started another thread to re-do the ear hook loop of beads.  Then as I am finishing the last knot, I notice that I did the same exact thing!!! It was still upside down!!  LOL  Ok, so do I just keep it that way?  Or try for a third time to put the loop where I want it to be?!?

I have been hard at work on the web sites, there are updates beginning on the NEW 2011 pow wow page.  There is another section of my website that is a feed from a pow wow listing site.  PowWowTime.com started out listing pow wows in the Western half of the United States, and they are expanding to listing the entire country.   

The Printable Florida Pow Wow List for  Spring 2011 is updated Here:

http://www.sixdirectionstraders.com/spring2011list.doc

Listings in red do not have confirmed dates as of yet.  And as we have seen recently in Florida, some pow wows have gotten cancelled or changed to different months than they used to be held on.  So, as always, I will do my best to provide as correct information as possible on these events.  But it would be in YOUR best interest to contact someone from the pow wow yourself for more specific questions.

 

Thundering Spirit Family Pow wow website has begun being updated for the year 2011!  This year is dedicated to:

*Returning to the Old Ways*

~ Dance to Remember ~

March 4 - 6, 2011

Renninger's Twin Markets

20651 Highway 441 Mount Dora, Florida 32757

Just East of Mount Dora ~  Just 30 miles  North of Orlando  ~ East of Mount Dora, Leesburg, Inverness ~ Just 30 miles North of Orlando ~ West of Deltona, DeBary, Sanford ~ South of Gainsville, Ocala, Umatilla

Friday March 4th 2011, Grand Entry at 7:00pm  Saturday March 5th 2011, Grand Entry at 1:00pm & 7:00pm  Sunday March 6th 2011 Grand Entry at 1:00pm ~ Gates Open at 10:00am Daily

Friday March 4th is Children's Day from 9:00am - 2:00pm with special Demonstrations, Games, etc.   

Please join us for Traditional Native American Culture Including: Drumming, Dancing, Crafts, and Food.  Bring the whole Family and spend the day,  Don't forget to bring Chairs and/or Blankets to sit on

Admission ~ Required Donation: Adults $4.00 Children Under 12 FREE ~ Active, Retired or Service Persons Admitted FREE

MC: Ric Bird Head Veteran: Bob 'Walks with Fire' Head Man Dancer:  Bobby DuBose Head Woman Dancer:  Sandra DuBose Host Drum: Southern Echo, Family Drum Singers, and Bird Chopper Bird Family Drum Firekeeper: Ken Cloudwalker Color Guard: Local Veterans

We are proud to announce that the following Native American Performers will be at our Pow Wow:

Award-Winning Celtic / Native American Violinist: Arvel Bird  Hoop & Fancy Shawl Dancer, Artist, Singer/Songwriter: Jackie Bird   Three–time Grammy award-winning songwriter and musician: Bill Birdsong Miller   Aztec Dancers: Tlatlacayolotl ~ Earth, Heart, Man   Guest Elder: Kashka - Tlingit Legend Keeper - Storyteller  Story Tellers: Sarah 'Sunshine Badger Woman' and Grandma Coyote Flutist: Utah Farris   Special Animal Appearances: 'Thunder' the American Bald Eagle

An outstanding collection of Native American Artisans and Traders will be bringing their Creativity, Culture, and Crafts to our Pow Wow.  For a complete listing see our Artisans Page

Host Hotel: E.com Lodge  E.Com Lodge ~ 18730 U.S. Highway 441 ~ Mount Dora, FL 32757 Tel-(352) 383-2181    Fax-(352) 383-1310 ecomlodge@comcast.net

For additional Information or to become a sponsor, Call Tony Ledford at: 352 636-4271 or 352 589-0045   ThunderSpiritFam@yahoo.com or write: PO BOX 1141 ~ Eustis, FL 32727 http://www.thunderingspiritfamily.com/

 

No comments:

Post a Comment