Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Pow Wow in the Mountains of Virginia

Wow!! 2 weeks strait pow wowing and NO Chance to have Pow wow hangover LOL!!  Squatting somewheres in Tennessee at the moment. 

As always, I absolutely LOVE this pow wow.  Truely my Favorite Summer pow wow, the grounds, the people, the Peace.  We got a few peeps from Floriduh up here with us this year ~ Really cool!! Spotted Pony and Paul DeLuna set-up with us at both pow wows.  Nelson & Cyndy came up for both as well.  Was really Cool to see Royce at Clemmons - check out the pics! 

Also, Arvel Bird performed in Virginia this year which was a very special treat.  I asked a lot of our friends up here if they had ever seen him and they had Not ever heard of him, but BOY did they Absolutely LOVE him by the time the weekend was over

As ALL pow wows are Reunions, It was so Great to re-unite with old friends and family.  Hoping to see them all again down the trail this summer. 

Ok, so on Saturday Ken Watson did his gig and all of a sudden, I hear dance bells jammin with the music, outside and to the right of my shop.  I look up from beading and a few people standing just outside my shop say, "You Gotta SEE this!"  So I grab my camera and get up there to see the dancers Jammin' to Kenny and really gettin' down!!  Shame I didn't have the camcorder, but check out the stills HERE.  On Sunday, the dancers that were still here when Kenny went on, did the same thing and they kinda re-created the impromtu dance we had on Saturday, so Check out the YouTube videos I got on that.  Unfortunately Uncle Jack wan't Jammin' on Sunday, He sure was gettin' down on Saturday though

 

At Tangleweood the week before I got a special order to bead several feathers.  Here they are Dancing the following week!!

I think I SERIOUSLY need a Vacation, it's only been 4 years since I have had a true vacation - I know, "what am I complaining about" But YEAAAAA I think I am taking a vacation

1 comment:

  1. love the update...I am so hoping to join you at at least one powwow!!!! I'm working hard on getting a smaller camper that I will feel somewhat comfortable hauling around. The whole idea scares me a little but I feel real strongly that this is gonna happen. Would love to have a travelling companion, of course I wil have Radar, but a human one would be awesome...yanno a male type that shares my love and interests...but at this point it looks like I'll be venturing off on my own....anyway....I'll keep you posted, I do have a couple things I;m looking into...one is a fifth wheel but not sure my truck has the oomph for it....soooooooo, whatever is meant tobe will be...love you guys, Debby and Radar

    ReplyDelete