Monday, September 21, 2009

Cartersville Harley Davidson Pow Wow

We were invited to a Harley Davidson Dealership to do a small pow wow.  The Bikers from the area collected there on Friday to leave out and join up with the Trail of Tears Motorcycle run, the dealership ran specials and had sales on clothing and such, we pow wowed out in the front field with a handful of vendors.  It was a Nice set-up and thankfully the rain cleared out on Friday for the bikes to leave.  Ken was asked to help smudge the bikes with Joey before the pulled out.  It rained on and off saturday and sunday which kept the attendance low, thankfully we rallied a little at the end to at least break even. 

P1010035

But the connections with the people is what it is all about, more than the money for us.  We met some wonderful people and got to see and hear another Drum we had not seen before.  The most memorable for me was when a young lady that had been visiting my shop, came in on Friday morning and spoke to me about how she hoped the rain would stay over there (pointing away from our locations), over there (pointing away again) etc etc etc... So after she had left the shop, I got me some tobacco and headed over to speak with her parents.  I asked them if it was ok for her to come with me to say a small prayer, because she had showed concern for the weather.  They agreed and the girl and I went off to the side of the vendor circle.  I showed her a prayer to Creator that I had learned from an Uncle.  We asked Creator to bring the sun out, so that the Bikers would have good weather in their travels, and so that we could Dance for HIM.  I offered Tobacco and I had her say her prayer and offer the tobacco I had given her earlier.  We hugged and I thanked her for helping me.  I went back to the shop and it was just a few minutes later that she had come back to see me, to let me know excitedly, that the sun had already come out.  I explained that it was only up to the Creator if it was to be, and that neither of us had made it happen, we had only gone and asked in the proper way.  That day was Beautiful and the sun stayed out all day!

P1010032

There were not many dancers, but the ones that were there danced with all their Heart!  One of the Elders that had come and spoke with me in the shop Friday, came in Saturday and told me that he had another heart attack in his hotel room and was clutching his nitro bottle all night, and yet he was in the circle in full regalia dancing all the dances on saturday!!  Praise the Creator for he who accepts him and follows him shall be Strong in more ways than we know!!! 

P1010105

The above pictured man Danced so HARD he made My Knees Hurt!!!!  Bless Him and Keep him strong, Creator for he carries your message to the people!!

P1010081

I Just adored the 2 little ones with the Drum!!  Dog River was a Great Drum, with women back up singers, some of them danced, they did some hand drum songs in between pow wow dancing.  Very Awesome Group, if you ever get a chance to see them I recommend them!  I have a short video on my you tube I will post, sorry but the camera batteries died on me and it is the only video I got this time. 

P1010091

Brother Nightwolf & Raven visited again with us for the weekend.  It is so Good to spend this time with them before we have to leave Georgia.  Hopefully we will see them a couple more times. 

P1010043

Please see all the pictures from the pow wow either on my photo album here or on flickr (link on the photo album here)  Thank you everyone who follows our travels here, it keeps us going when we feel a little down!  We Love you all and are ever Thankful and Humble on the Path that Creator provides us. 

P1010061a

We had a Hunt Brothers Pizza last night (One of my Favorites!!) and I am going to end with quoting their Guiding Principles, because I feel it applies to what Ken and I are all about out on the Trail.  I was always told that Plagiarism is the Highest form of Flattery, so here goes:

"Place God First In All We Do, Be A Blessing To People, Trust God To Meet Our Needs, Strive For Excellence."

Peace ~ Love ~ Hope ~ Faith ~ Grace ~ Mercy ~ and all those other girls Nelson tells me about

P1010111

And a Special Thanks to Joey and Janell for Inviting us and being such Special people.  We Love you Both!

P1010051

21 September 2009 ~ At this writing (typing... whateva) It has been raining for about 30 days and 30 night (well... seems like it anyways)  I took pictures of the lake at the campground when we got here, and if it stops or slows so I can take more pics I will - But its come up about 6 feet or so, and I hope we don't completely flood out before we leave!! This rain has been never-ending!!  Oh ya and Wikid Thunder/Lightning too!!

P1010008

No comments:

Post a Comment