Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Loading up to head back on the Road

Greetings,

Well, it's our last day at the preserve before we get back on the Pow Wow Trail.  I did some catching up on computer work and updating the pow wow calendar on the dot com.  Looks like we will be doing some new pow wows this year! 

2009 07 22 Forest Lake 005

We had a campfire the other evening, the weather has been just Awesome here.  Ken noticed these 2 birds flew down under the picnic table.  They were Rolling around and Fluttering in the soft loose dirt under there.  It was really cool, so I grabbed the camera and shot some pics.  I also took a video of it!  Not sure what type of bird these were so if anyone knows, Please let me know.  My guess was a wren, but i am not sure.  The Wildlife out here is Awesome and usually is on the Preserves, see that's why they call themselves a Preserve as opposed to a Campground.  There are usually Trails that you can walk out in the woods and a variety of wildlife to see.  I had Hummingbirds coming up to the campsite the entire time we were here!  It was so cool, just yesterday one of the Red Throated ones flew right up in my face and hovered there just peeping away and then flew off!  If that isn't a Blessing then I don't know what is!  There are plenty of Deer, Turkey and of course Canada Geese. 

2009 07 22 Forest Lake 003

When we first got here and did our Doggies walk in the woods, I found a small Tortoise which I proceeded to sit with for a while and keep the doggies from molesting.  Beautiful creature just cruising on its way towards the corn fields.  Well, This morning we went for our walk and I saw the same little guy, only thing is he had been run over by a Golf Cart!! GRRRRRRRRRRR  Yaa, these people use their golf carts to cruise on the paths out here, which I also noticed that once an area gets rutted out - they just plow the carts around another way to make another path for them. 

2009 07 22 Forest Lake 009

GRRRR This is NO way to PRESERVE the Land!!!! Damn, Yuppie Bastards!!!  YEA You know who you are :P  Sorry, I don't like to lose it and make anger posts, but this really got me this morning.  This was Totally the same Turtle I had spoke with just the week before, in the SAME area of the woods!!  Put it to you this way, they rent the golf carts here, they are $50 per day - who else would rent them?  I understand the Elders have them to get around,  but we saw Children driving them loaded with other children and just tearing around.  Believe me we will be letting Thousand Trails know!  OK Enough Neg Sh*t Poor little guy didn't have a chance :(

2009 07 22 Forest Lake 010

I was very inspired here, was last year too - as I say its just a Great Feeling place.  Got several Dream catchers, medicine wheels, feather earrings, necklaces and such done.  Ken got over 14 sticks all finished into his trademark Walking Stick, he also got a lot of bone feathers painted up for the Veterans (which I made into a few necklaces)  Dang, that reminds me I didn't get pics of them - oh well next time.  But check out the Dream catcher pics anyways. 

2009 07 19 Forest Lake 024

Only got one video uploaded and here it is:

No comments:

Post a Comment